As a provider of massive data storage, access, and analytics solutions used by some of the world’s largest public and private healthcare organizations, NewWave understands the precious nature of the information we manage. There’s a reason our relationships with these important clients has grown continuously since our founding, and why we frequently out-compete some of the largest systems integrators in the nation. It’s because we always live up to our promise to employ the most rigorous engineering principles in building, integrating, and maintaining secure and cost-efficient solutions, vetting and deploying the most advanced technologies available as they emerge.
NewWave develops and integrates new cutting-edge, cloud-based solutions using the most advanced technologies and current best practices. When it comes to modernizing legacy systems, we like to think of what we do as similar to swapping out the engines of an airliner in midflight — without the passengers ever noticing what happened. Landing clients safely for NewWave means delivering infrastructure and solutions that make data securely accessible to support better services, improve outcomes, and remove unnecessary pain from people’s lives.
NewWave is looking for a Sr Salesforce Developer to fill a role in our team based in Windsor Mill, MD. We are a data-driven technology firm determined to create intuitive solutions that inspire and serve real purpose. We value people who use their intelligence and passion to inspire their teammates and make an impact on our customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Salesforce certifications preferred: Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I, or Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II, or similar
• Proficient with SOQL, and/or SQL
• 1-3 years of experience developing and customizing Salesforce.com application via web services, SOQL, Data Loader, Reports and Dashboards
• Experience with Agile and Waterfall projects, and all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, coding, unit testing, integration, user acceptance testing, maintenance
• Understanding of Salesforce.com architecture and API’s, including Salesforce integration with 3rd party solutions
• Experience documenting current state technical data flows and making recommendations for future state improved processes/designs and driving the solution to the future state
• Experience or knowledge in various Salesforce.com APIs like SOAP, REST, BULK, and Streaming API
• Can lead and mentor junior Salesforce developers
• Expert understanding of IT governance including environment management, release management, source code control management, and deployment methodologies – Can help create and implement best in class processes
• Post-release product support and driving continuous improvements
• Experience in overseeing the direction, development, implementation, and maintenance of Salesforce technical solutions
• Experience with version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc.)
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
• Creative approach to problem solving
• Previous Healthcare IT experience is desirable
• Experience working on a team using Scrum or other Agile project framework
• Experience in web-designing, HTML5, CSS3, Hibernate, Git
• Experience in integrating Salesforce with other applications via real-time, batch, synchronously and asynchronously
• Experience in creating and managing complex workflow rules, data validation and triggers
• Experience in Salesforce Out of the Box functionality
• Experience in data management and data loading tools such as Data Loader
• Strong understanding of release management and change management
• Ability to develop technical requirements, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment and support using Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Microsoft Project
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.