As a provider of massive data storage, access, and analytics solutions used by some of the world’s largest public and private healthcare organizations, NewWave understands the precious nature of the information we manage. There’s a reason our relationships with these important clients has grown continuously since our founding, and why we frequently out-compete some of the largest systems integrators in the nation. It’s because we always live up to our promise to employ the most rigorous engineering principles in building, integrating, and maintaining secure and cost-efficient solutions, vetting and deploying the most advanced technologies available as they emerge.
NewWave develops and integrates new cutting-edge, cloud-based solutions using the most advanced technologies and current best practices. When it comes to modernizing legacy systems, we like to think of what we do as similar to swapping out the engines of an airliner in midflight — without the passengers ever noticing what happened. Landing clients safely for NewWave means delivering infrastructure and solutions that make data securely accessible to support better services, improve outcomes, and remove unnecessary pain from people’s lives.
We are looking for a Risk Manager to advise us on various types of risks (business, financial, legal and security.) You will identify potential threats and create plans to prevent and mitigate problems. In this role, you should be highly perceptive and methodical. You should also have the ability to communicate effectively and present your plans in a convincing way. If you have experience in risk assessment and financial analysis, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will ensure that our company secures its reputation and profitability by controlling risk.
• Conduct assessments to define and analyze possible risks
• Evaluate the gravity of each risk by considering its consequences
• Audit processes and procedures
• Develop risk management controls and systems
• Design processes to eliminate or mitigate potential risks
• Create contingency plans to manage crises
• Evaluate existing policies and procedures to find weaknesses
• Prepare reports and present recommendations
• Help implement solutions and plans
• Evaluate employees’ risk awareness and train them when necessary
• Proven experience as a Risk Manager
• Knowledge of risk assessment and control
• Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
• Familiarity with industry compliance standards and regulations (e.g. Occupational Safety and Health Act)
• Strong computer and research skills; knowledge of analysis software is preferred (e.g. Statistical Analysis Software, or SAS)
• Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• BSc/BA in Law, Business, Finance or a related field
• Professional Risk Manager (PRM) certification is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
• Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
• Should be deadline and closure oriented.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
• High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
• Strong analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
• Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.