As a provider of massive data storage, access, and analytics solutions used by some of the world’s largest public and private healthcare organizations, NewWave understands the precious nature of the information we manage. There’s a reason our relationships with these important clients has grown continuously since our founding, and why we frequently out-compete some of the largest systems integrators in the nation. It’s because we always live up to our promise to employ the most rigorous engineering principles in building, integrating, and maintaining secure and cost-efficient solutions, vetting and deploying the most advanced technologies available as they emerge.
NewWave develops and integrates new cutting-edge, cloud-based solutions using the most advanced technologies and current best practices. When it comes to modernizing legacy systems, we like to think of what we do as similar to swapping out the engines of an airliner in midflight — without the passengers ever noticing what happened. Landing clients safely for NewWave means delivering infrastructure and solutions that make data securely accessible to support better services, improve outcomes, and remove unnecessary pain from people’s lives.
NewWave is growing and we are seeking a reliable and precise professional to help us properly maintain our payable and general ledger information. The Accounting Specialist will maintain current accounts and assist in invoicing functions as well as support entry level general ledger functions within the group. We are seeking a candidate who can analyze expense reports to assign payments to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices, and take on additional accounting projects as needed.
• Full cycle accounts payable (checks/follow-up)
• Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Resolution with vendors; general ledger
• Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Audit support general ledger; W9 and cutting 1099
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred
• 2+ years’ experience in accounting
• Effective corporate communications skills
• Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel, Word and Outlook
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong organizational ability
• Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
• Has working knowledge of foundational accounting principles such as appropriate classification of debits and credits
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Solution oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
• Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
• Positive attitude
• Should be deadline and closure oriented.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
• High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
• Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
• Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.