As a provider of massive data storage, access, and analytics solutions used by some of the world’s largest public and private healthcare organizations, NewWave understands the precious nature of the information we manage. There’s a reason our relationships with these important clients has grown continuously since our founding, and why we frequently out-compete some of the largest systems integrators in the nation. It’s because we always live up to our promise to employ the most rigorous engineering principles in building, integrating, and maintaining secure and cost-efficient solutions, vetting and deploying the most advanced technologies available as they emerge.
NewWave develops and integrates new cutting-edge, cloud-based solutions using the most advanced technologies and current best practices. When it comes to modernizing legacy systems, we like to think of what we do as similar to swapping out the engines of an airliner in midflight — without the passengers ever noticing what happened. Landing clients safely for NewWave means delivering infrastructure and solutions that make data securely accessible to support better services, improve outcomes, and remove unnecessary pain from people’s lives.
The Senior Data Analyst will perform data analysis, interpretation and management duties. Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis for our CMS customer.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
• Research, interpret, validate and prepare data, information and content used in making business decisions.
• Performs data collection, analysis, interpretation, and management duties.
• Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis.
• Ensures the integrity of project data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis.
• Consults with the external clients and internal staff to determine data management needs and objectives.
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of solutions, policies, practices and processes to ensure continuous improvement, good client relations, compliance and adherence to business and system requirements.
• Prepares presentations that reflect the results of the data analysis.
• Coordinates with scientists and other technical experts to design and develop statistical analyses methodologies.
• May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Data Analysts.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
• Recommend improvements to achieve and deliver high quality, value-added services.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Knowledge of Federal and State healthcare programs (i.e., Medicaid, CHIP) and related eligibility/enrollment principles and claims data
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science, Statistics or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• 5-8 years’ experience working with statistics/data analysis, reporting, or analytic purposes.
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in statistical analysis (SAS experience required, experience with Medicare data preferred.)
• Understanding of federal MMIS requirements and CMS Certification requirements preferred.
• Experience with data analysis techniques, data modeling and data management tools (i.e., MS Excel, SQL language, relational databases) preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
• Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
• Should be deadline and closure oriented.
• Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
• Should be self-driven.
• Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
• Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.