As a provider of massive data storage, access, and analytics solutions used by some of the world’s largest public and private healthcare organizations, NewWave understands the precious nature of the information we manage. There’s a reason our relationships with these important clients has grown continuously since our founding, and why we frequently out-compete some of the largest systems integrators in the nation. It’s because we always live up to our promise to employ the most rigorous engineering principles in building, integrating, and maintaining secure and cost-efficient solutions, vetting and deploying the most advanced technologies available as they emerge.
NewWave develops and integrates new cutting-edge, cloud-based solutions using the most advanced technologies and current best practices. When it comes to modernizing legacy systems, we like to think of what we do as similar to swapping out the engines of an airliner in midflight — without the passengers ever noticing what happened. Landing clients safely for NewWave means delivering infrastructure and solutions that make data securely accessible to support better services, improve outcomes, and remove unnecessary pain from people’s lives.
The Enterprise Architect (EA) assumes a key leadership role within the MACBIS-System Integrator contract. The EA will lead an Enterprise Architecture Council (EAC) that will consist of Technical and Solution architects along with other technical team members to support the vision and objectives of the business. This individual serves as a high level technical and functional expert to provide a comprehensive view of the Organizations strategy and Information technology assets.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
• Responsible for working with customer senior leadership in development of overall data vision, roadmap and implementation strategy
• Works with the customer to solve business problems leveraging available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
• Presents alternative solutions to customer in solving a specific business problem or enabling customer value.
• Engaging customers in discovery calls to understand their business and technical needs.
• Collaborating with project teams to engineer appropriate and viable solutions.
• Assist in preparation and/or review of quotes, proposals, and statements of work.
• Creation of application and network stack Visio diagrams to effectively illustrate proposed solution architecture.
• Identification and Documentation of as-is and to-be architectures
• Creation of technology Roadmaps
• Support development of new standards, stated directions, and guideline
• As a customer facing position duties will include but not limited to manage stakeholder’s expectations that will require excellent communication, facilitation and negotiation skills.
• Presentation of engineered solutions with a focus on articulating how each aspect of the solution directly relates to solving the clients technical or business needs.
• Thorough documentation of all engineered solutions, including application to customer technical requirements, and customer expectations to help ensure successful implementation.
• Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of relevant web application stacks, security, cloud computing, industry direction, and trends.
• Serves as a top level technical or functional expert supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups.
• Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
• Assess and provide recommendations on new technologies and techniques
• Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
• Able to operate across multiple projects to enable synergies and cost savings from both an application, infrastructure, data and security perspective.
• Management of Centers of Practice
• 10+ years of experience in related technology work; 5 +years working in HHS/CMS environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
• In depth knowledge of Scaled Agile framework (SAFe) in an Enterprise environment.
• Attention to detail, adaptive learner, have a positive attitude, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of all deliverables.
• Be able to perform the analysis as defined with specific Medicare laws, regulations, manuals, instructions and any additional information assigned by management.
• Possess critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills.
• Understanding and wide application of methodology and subject matter related concepts, practices, standards and procedures with a general knowledge of other related business disciplines.
• A demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed as well as a willingness to do collaborative software development as necessary
• Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as business users, project managers, and business analysts while delivering solutions.
• Enterprise Architecture certification (TOGAF, FEAF, Dodaf, Zachman etc.)
• ITIL certification
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Microsoft Project
• Java application development
• Apache open software
• AWS Services, PaaS, SaaS tools experience
• Data modeling and configuration
• Configuration Management
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
• Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
• Should be deadline and closure oriented.
• Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
• Should be self-driven.
• Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
• Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.