As a provider of massive data storage, access, and analytics solutions used by some of the world’s largest public and private healthcare organizations, NewWave understands the precious nature of the information we manage. There’s a reason our relationships with these important clients has grown continuously since our founding, and why we frequently out-compete some of the largest systems integrators in the nation. It’s because we always live up to our promise to employ the most rigorous engineering principles in building, integrating, and maintaining secure and cost-efficient solutions, vetting and deploying the most advanced technologies available as they emerge.
NewWave develops and integrates new cutting-edge, cloud-based solutions using the most advanced technologies and current best practices. When it comes to modernizing legacy systems, we like to think of what we do as similar to swapping out the engines of an airliner in midflight — without the passengers ever noticing what happened. Landing clients safely for NewWave means delivering infrastructure and solutions that make data securely accessible to support better services, improve outcomes, and remove unnecessary pain from people’s lives.
NewWave is looking for a Sr. Software Tester to fill a key role in our team based in Elkridge, MD. We are a data-driven technology firm determined to create intuitive solutions that inspire and serve real purpose. We value people who use their intelligence and passion to inspire their teammates and make an impact on our customers.
• Full lifecycle testing of a new Java based web application that is integrated with other systems and services.
• Participate in the JAD sessions of the system early in the software development cycle, influencing it to testing quality and adherence to the specification.
• Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project and design and develop test cases
• Develop, manage and execute test cases for functional, integration, regression testing that verify functional and nonfunctional requirements of a feature.
• Investigate, document and debug test failures, updating tests or reporting bugs as necessary and provide test coverage analysis utilizing Test Rail
• Ensure that the team's acceptance criteria for stories and tasks is appropriate and being met universally for testability
• Collaborate with development organization to understand how development changes affect ongoing testing efforts
• Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test cases developed and test environments used
• Requirements mapping to test case specification.
• Exceptional team player and collaborate and communicate well with development team, business analysts’ team and stakeholders
• Monitor progress against deliverables, employing effective risk and issue management strategies
• Coordinate with the Business Analysts and Developers in planning and conducting the tests
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with CMS stakeholders and other contractors
• Identify and significantly contribute, where appropriate, to division initiatives.
• Work under tight time constraints with changing requirements.
• Regularly update technical and business teams as to plans, progress, and issues.
• Attendance at daily scrum to discuss accomplishments, plans and blockers.
• Adherence to agile process and defined testing standards
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or 4 years of relevant experience may be substituted.
• 3+ years of Experience in CMS Medicaid or Medicare Programs preferred
• 3+ years’ experience working with teams in an agile (SCRUM) development environment
• 5-7 years of Experience efficiently and effectively analyzing and testing programs and program changes.
• 5 + years of hands on experience with scripting, running performance tests, result analysis
• Building strong customer relationships through agile team(s) and personal performance
• Collaborating in a multiple contractor environment
• Exceptionally strong communication skills, verbal and written. Includes the ability to effectively communicate complex information to audiences with varying technical and system backgrounds and at multiple organizational levels
• Experience with collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence and SharePoint
• Applications and systems development testing experience on Data Bases, Web based applications and experience on the technical aspects of applications development projects through the full system development life cycle.
• Must have working knowledge of and experience with HP testing products.
• Strong knowledge and Front End Application Development experience with Spring MVC, HTML/JSTL, Java Script, Jquery, AJAX , CSS.
• 5+ years of experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, Object Oriented Design and Development, Web Services, etc.
• Strong Java skills and object-oriented design experience, including strong working knowledge of the Java web technology platform.
• 5+ years’ experience with Java Enterprise Edition(J2EE).
• Experience with Websphere application server.
• Good working experience on Web Services, REST/JSON Services.
• Experience with service-oriented architecture development and implementation.
• Experience and understanding of architectural principles and frameworks (MVC).
• Strong knowledge of database design principals.
• Strong experience with Relational databases Oracle/DB2/MySQL/SQL Server and PL/SQL queries, Store Procedures.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria.
• Creative approach to problem solving.
• Previous Healthcare IT experience is desirable.
• Experience working on a team using Scrum or other Agile project framework.
• Experience supporting client stakeholders with varying levels of agile experience
• Test Automation experience is a plus
• Experience with 508 Compliance testing tools such as JAWS
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Microsoft Project. SharePoint.
FLSA Status Exempt
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
• Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
• Should be deadline and closure oriented.
• Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
• Should be self-driven.
• Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
• Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.