As a provider of massive data storage, access, and analytics solutions used by some of the world’s largest public and private healthcare organizations, NewWave understands the precious nature of the information we manage. There’s a reason our relationships with these important clients has grown continuously since our founding, and why we frequently out-compete some of the largest systems integrators in the nation. It’s because we always live up to our promise to employ the most rigorous engineering principles in building, integrating, and maintaining secure and cost-efficient solutions, vetting and deploying the most advanced technologies available as they emerge.
NewWave develops and integrates new cutting-edge, cloud-based solutions using the most advanced technologies and current best practices. When it comes to modernizing legacy systems, we like to think of what we do as similar to swapping out the engines of an airliner in midflight — without the passengers ever noticing what happened. Landing clients safely for NewWave means delivering infrastructure and solutions that make data securely accessible to support better services, improve outcomes, and remove unnecessary pain from people’s lives.
New Wave is looking for a Jr Business Analyst who will assess CMS business and technical processes and produce new and modified business information processing approaches. In partnership with project leads, the analyst will develop, write, and present detailed solutions to solve a broad range of business problems for both a technical and non-technical audience. The successful candidate will define problems, propose and create solutions, and play an important role in the development, configuration and deployment of the overall solution. The analyst will have the opportunity to shape value-adding solutions that enable our customer to meet the changing needs of the global landscape.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
• Assist in the elicitation and authoring of requirements (i.e. Business Requirements, User Requirements, Functional Requirements, Non-Functional Requirements, User Stories, etc.).
• Aid in the development and documentation of system process diagrams and screen mockups.
• Assist in the authoring and execution of test cases and test scripts to validate the software’s quality and ensure adherence to the business requirements.
• Assist in the facilitating of meetings with CMS stakeholders to elicit and develop business requirements, system process diagrams, user stories, and test cases.
• Assist in the development of business process models (BPM’s).
• Support several Project Manager’s in identifying and documenting business processes, system performance management and other business improvement activities.
• Assist in the analysis of client operations, business processes, organizational structures, supporting information systems.
• Identify opportunities for improved performance, increased effectiveness and efficiency.
• Adhere to the required authoring rules specified in the CMS Requirements Writer’s Guide.
• Create and deliver business analyst artifacts as outlined in the project’s schedule/plan.
• Perform quality assurance reviews/peer reviews on client deliverables to guarantee adherence to the stated requirements.
• Collaborate with Project Managers on strategic issues and objectives.
• Candidate will support and interact with leadership and with client personnel at appropriate levels, in the accomplishment of project objectives.
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude; strong dedication to customer service.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 0 to 3 years of experience in business process and system analysis, design, improvement, and implementation efforts and in translating business process needs into technical requirements.
• Adapts and shifts priorities quickly in response to business need while maintaining attention to detail, work and professionalism – ability to cope with change.
• Strong writing, speaking and organization skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Proficiency in the use MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Experience with IT Federal contracting.
• Experience providing professional IT consultative services
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Growth oriented, sincere desire for self-betterment.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
• Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
• Should be deadline and closure oriented.
• Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
• Should be self-driven.
• Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
• Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.