The value NewWave places on our employees knows no bounds. NewWave’s HR team – which we will be calling “People Operations” – is focused on bringing this discipline to the next level. The people who work with us have a wide variety of talents and experience, including HR, program management, marketing, team management and analytical skills. Our common trait is that we share a commitment to building NewWave’s unique, people-oriented culture as we continue to grow worldwide.
This role requires exceptional problem-solving abilities. We are looking for someone who is good at diagnosing clients’ needs and finding a way to satisfy them, has strong presentation skills and can handle multiple projects simultaneously. Qualified candidates will be detail oriented, conscientious (always follows through on commitments), analytical and curious.
The Senior HR Generalist will administer HR functions and monitor organizational information needs, making recommendations on process or system changes when appropriate. Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Support the administration and compliance of the company health insurance, 401k/retirement, and other benefits programs.
- Collaborate with Accounting Team to ensure timely and accurate payroll deductions entry into ADP payroll system.
- Analyze HR programs and provide recommendations for policy changes/improvements.
- Support plan audits and other tax-reporting requirements.
- Assists in preparation and completion of H1B, Green Card, and/or other legal or immigration matters.
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations, advise and make recommendations of any changes affecting policies, procedures, postings, and handbook
- Serve as an HR Analyst in the administration of our Human Capital Management/HCM system and its integration with other corporate systems (ex. Payroll, financial system, etc.).
- Support the HR organization in its digital transformation efforts and identify opportunities for streamlining internal processes. This will include creating HR process documentation that reflects “as-is” current and “to-be” processes.
- Update the HCM and files for all employees/ex-employees with all status/compensation changes including: new hires, job transfers/reclassifications, promotions/demotions, full-time/part-time employment changes, and terminations/separations.
- Maintain accuracy of personnel information and files and actively participates in implementation of new technology.
- Serve as the first line of support for HR end-users if they are having trouble with NewWave’s HR systems.
- Assist in the design, testing, implementation, and troubleshooting of system enhancements and other automation projects. Review HR processes to assess efficiency and recommend automation where appropriate. Recommend process/customer service opportunities and innovative solutions.
- Participate in continuous HR improvement initiatives and metrics.
- Assist with delivery and preparation of new hire orientations.
- Organize and implement the onboarding process for new hires
- Answer employee questions regarding recruiting, benefits, training, and employee relations.
- Collaborate with the Benefits and Payroll departments to help ensure consistent communication of payroll and benefit related policies to team member.
- Oversee the employee termination process, including but not limited to conducting exit interviews, termination of accesses, retrieval of badges and equipment, preparing and sending separation/termination documents.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Human Resources E-mail account.
- Respond to team member questions and requests within established department SLAs (24 hour initial response, follow ups within 48 hours) and triage inquires as appropriate.
- Assist the Department in the administration of HR programs, including benefits, wellness initiatives, and compliance.
- Serve as a partner to our Training Manager
- Assist with Online Learning Management System (LMS) website
- Resets passwords for employees
- Complete and verify course assignments
- Verifies status of courses; runs completion reports
- Collect and maintain training metrics (automate process; create reports and formulae in Excel)
- Assist with the registration of professional development certifications and events
- Assist with preparation of training surveys and course evaluations
- Assist with training announcements and replies to training inquiries
- Assist with copying training materials, setting up classrooms and other training logistics