- The ideal candidate will have experience with at least one Cloud provider like AWS or Azure.
- Cloud migration experience also a plus.
- Relational Database Management experience in the past.
- Excellent technical expertise in relevant state of the art data technologies, database warehouse data security, data systems, and its design. Able to formulate and present various solutions for business initiatives and discuss pros/cons for each option.
- Cloud Database management experience (Redshift/Snowflake/Greenplum) Data warehouse or Data analytics
- Experience with automation tools & Scripts. Examples: ELK, PRTG, Jenkins, Chef, Lamda, Terraform, Cloudfomation, Azure Automation, etc
- Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years- experience in technical operations or software engineering
- +3 years experience with Linux Server platform
- 1-3 years of supporting a large data platform and data pipe-lining.
- Experience with Data Warehouse technologies such as AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Azure Data Warehouse, etc are big plus.
- Expertise in database administration for large Data warehouse/datamart implementations including configuration, implementation, data modeling, maintenance, redundancy/HA/DR, security, troubleshooting/performance tuning, upgrades, database, data and server migrations, SQL
Preferred But Not Required Qualifications
- 2-3 years of experience solving data engineering problems using technologies such as Spark, Solr.
- 2-3 or more years of experience with NoSQL data platforms like Spark, Solr, MongoDB, DocumentDB, DynamoDB, Cosmos DB
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of 5 years.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.