- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and 10 years of mainframe development/production support experience or
15 years of related experience will satisfy degree and experience requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of HIPAA requirements
- Three (3) or more years of experience in production operations settings in Mainframe settings
- Exposure to cloud governance policies and procedures.
- Extensive Knowledge of systems development life cycles (SDLC) and ability to work with developers.
- Experience with working with trouble tickets and end-to-end issue tracking and resolution.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation
- Skills: COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, VSAM, Connect Direct, Gentran & MS-Office including MS-Access
- Self-driven, motivated, leadership and results oriented.
- Good meeting facilitation skills.
- Must possess sharp attention to detail, have proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization), and employ a rigorous process for all follow-up / coordination activities
- Work well under pressing deadlines.
- Must provide "on-call" support in weekend rotation environment.
- Exposure to AWS services and AWS SysOps administration concepts.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Tools: Knowledge of Remedy/ServiceNow, Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console (TDWC), Clarity, New Relic, Splunk, CloudTamer and MS SharePoint.
- ITIL certification or Six Sigma Certification a plus
- Experience with CMS / MEPS/MAPD programs a plus
- Experience with Face to Face Customer Interactions
- AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate and/or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certifications are a big Plus. Experience in migration of mainframe applications to AWS, cloud governance and scripting CloudFormation templates is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NWT is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud veteran friendly employer.